Followers

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Laser Cut Bedroom Set

Hello Bloggers,

Welcome to my blog today where I will be sharing with you a two piece bedroom set that I made from Laser Cut MDF from That Craft Place.


So here we have it in it's natural form and I have to say that not only am I addicted to wood I am also addicted to the smell of wood, yes I had to go and open the storage box lid again just for one more smell.

This was going to be transformed into a remote, glasses and pen holder and coaster for my butterfly filled bedroom so it was time to make them pretty.


I covered each piece with some Shallow Sea Batch Chalk Paint and gave it two coats just to project it from getting knocked about while looking for the remote in the middle of the night.  With the chalk paint there is no need to prime your MDF first and one coat should be enough to give a good covering.

I then cover the pieces in Deco Mache Decooupage Butterfly Papers.  I tore the paper into lots of little pieces this is a good job to do while watching TV and once I had enough to cover all areas I took myself back into my craft room.

Using Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Glue, Seal and Glaze I started layering up the pieces of paper.  I love the little bit of sparkle you get with this glue, my bedroom is all about the sparkle.  I completely covered the butterfly and the heart both front and back and then lay on a further coat of the Cosmic Shimmer Glue to seal it.

On the remote control holder I covered the back and sides but decided to take some of the sparkle glue over the edges of the paint still showing.


I stuck the decoupaged butterfly paper to the back and the sides of the holder and I cut out some Tim Holtz Butterflies to decorate the sides of the holder with the largest in pink on the right and two smaller ones in teal on the left all of which were covered in lovely gems from my stash.  To enable me to use the heart as I coaster I added two coats of Americana Triple Thick Glaze once set this will now withhold hot cups of coffee on it.


All of these products are available from the lovely Lisa and Danny at That Craft Place and they are very happy to look at cutting custom made pieces if you have ideas of your own for a project.

Thanks once again for dropping by my blog please leave me any questions or comments as I do appreciate you taking the time to look at what I am getting up to.  If you would like to follow me on my crazy crafting journey feel free to join in.

TTFN
Ria

4 comments:

  1. what a great project - this looks great and very usefull too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      many thanks for dropping in and your lovely comment. It looks right at home in my bedroom among all my other butterflies. It was a fun project to make as well.
      Hugs Ria

      Delete
  2. oh just love,this hun,really love,your work its always so beautifully detialed hugs Cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl
      Many thanks for your lovely comment and for dropping in on my blog
      Hugs Ria

      Delete