Followers

Sunday 11 May 2014

Faux leather book,

Hello Blog Friends

Today I am going to give you a sneak peak at the other projects I made using the New Embossing Folders by Sheena Douglass which she will be working with tomorrow on Create and Craft at 9am and 3pm.


The front cover of the Faux Leather book I made using one of the new folders.  The flowers were coloured using the Silks paints.


The back cover of the book made using a second embossing folder.  I stitched a large button to the front and back cover. glued a large flower on the front one and used elastic to hook around the two buttons to keep the book closed.


The inside of the book covered with fabric and then a small envelope and tag stuck inside.  I used the two embossing folders to emboss the pages on the left hand side of the book as shown in this picture.


This is a box that I have made using black card the elephant embossing folder and then going over the raised area with gilding wax.


Last but not least this card I made using a beautiful 5"x 7" embossing folder and I used my distress inks on it and cut some of the flower out to give lift and shape.  I also cut out some extra flowers from the folders and used a Sheena sentiment and a tattered lace die for the bird.

Make sure you tune in to Sheena's two shows tomorrow at 9am and 3pm and you will get the chance to watch Sheena use her folders using lots of different techniques, shows not to be missed.

Thanks for looking in I would love for you to leave a comment letting me know what you think and I can give further details on my makes if you want them.

Ria

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your notebook, the colour is stunning. I too live in pain 24/7 and have found that crafting keeps me sane, when i'm well enough to do some! I'm going to try this technique when i'm well enough and I hope that it turns out half as good as yours. I love Sheena's goodies and always check your blog. Thanks for sharing! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ria, I've been having lots of fun making these books too recently and I love yours! Love your card too, such a pretty bird, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete